Old 14-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Jim Lewis

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
Well, I've been known to say that if God had meant trees to

grow indoors,
She'd have put them there.
I still subscribe to that belief, but my growing collection now

includes a few
trees that MUST come inside when temps get to the low 40s.
So, window light and one 28-inch fluorescent fixture is AS

FAR AS I'LL
COMPROMISE My "integrity." ;-)

Piffle! You would sing a different tune if you lived on the

43rd Parallel. Did
God intend humans to live in this forsaken climate, with 119"

of snow every
winter?

I've often wondered why people do live there (but then, on
reflection, I'm happy that they do. We have enough people down
here, already. ;-)

Why shouldn't we grow trees indoors?

Oh, you should, by all means, if you want to. I just don't
_want_ to; I've been "forced" to it. (He said, plaintively, all
the while realizing that he didn't HAVE to get those Ficus
nerifolia, and he COULD have talked Jackie out of buying the
Serissa. )

Oh, well.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - When we see
land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it
with love and respect - Aldo Leopold - A Sand County Almanac
(But don't hold your breath!)