Old 14-11-2004, 04:17 AM
Lee

Sterling wrote in message ...
I have stuck pieces in the ground and had new plants the next spring. I
figure - if it is between the compost heap or sticking a cutting in the
dirt - well, why not? It will either grow or it won't. And many things
do grow.

I don't think I'd try to dig up a plant and divide it too late in the
season, but if it is a plant that dies back and some pieces of it are
still viable... give it a try. Not like this costs you anything.

Many times i pull out various suculets/sedums like jade, Autumn Joy,
packisandra (sp), cactuses, and many other plants and toss pieces in
compost pile or some that ended up in the leaves at the side of the
driveway and next thing I know they are growing. this happens mostly
when i do not pticularly want them to grow in that location G If i
*wanted* them to propagate.. nuh-uh!
leo/lee