Old 14-11-2004, 11:05 AM
June Hughes

In message , Pam Moore
writes
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:19:48 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

Hi everyone. Long time, no post. I hope you are all well.

I have a question which I hope someone can help with. I purchased a fig
tree in spring and it has produced some lovely figs. The supplier told
me to leave it in its huge pot on the patio, which I did. It has
several small, unripe (ie green) figs left on it but has shed all its
leaves. Is this normal, please - ie do edible fig trees shed their
leaves in winter?

If they don't, can anyone tell me what is wrong with it, please?

After investigating this myself, I was advised that any figs about the
size of a pea can be left on for next year. Any which are larger
should be removed before winter...... or they will fall anyway.
Therefore I removed 6 walnut-sized figs, the first fruit, from the
plant I bought this Spring and have more hopes for next year.
Good luck

Great, Pam. Thanks. I am about to remove my (also 6!) walnut-sized
figs from the plant.
--
June Hughes