Old 14-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jennifer Sparkes contains these words:
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) ...

First frost here Bristol, (BS10) anyway. Cerinthe still loooking chirpy
so far. (14.11.04)

Hello Jennifer. I was expecting a hard frost last night here in Norfolk,
so I dug up all my runner bean roots and took them inside. At midnight
the thermometer on my shed had just dropped a tad under zero, and I was
feeling pretty pleased with myself - last year I wasn't quick enough and
the frost got the lot (including some old friends of some years'
standing (I think I mean 'climbing'. [Ed.])

This morning, the leaves on the tops of the beans, where they hung, cut
off in their prime (FSVO prime), were only very lightly touched by
frost, and the Granadillo beside them (which I had expected to be *VERY*
tender) seemed quite untouched.

Also brought in all my citrus trees and jalapino chillis. The latter are
due for a pruning when all the chillis have ripened.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/