Old 14-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Myrmecodia

"Shell" wrote in message . com...
From what everyone is telling me I should have little trouble growing these
along with my orchids and tillandsias and such. I should have no trouble
keeping the humidity up and have plenty of light, my house doesn't get too
warm, and as long as they don't get 100 feet long I shoult have planty of
room. My only worry would be bugs for them to eat

Sounds good. Since you are in Houston, you might even be able to put
them outside in shade during the summer. If they get too long, you
can always prune the vines and root the cuttings. I like to wait
until there is a second basal rosette befoer pruning the main vine,
but the cuttings typically root without much trouble in the Spring or
Summer.

If you don't have an easy supply of home grown bugs, check your local
petshop for a product called "can o' crickets." I kid you not. As
the name suggests, it is a can of crickets that you can keep in the
fridge or freezer., just the right size for feeding Nepenthes.

Nick