Old 14-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Janet Galpin

The message -service-com
from "Trevor Appleton" contains
these words:

Sowed the above in Spring 2003. Planted into individual pots later the same
year. They lok the same now as they did in Jul and as they did in February.
That is just a rosete of leaves.

I though they were biennials and would flower this year?

I haven't grown this cultivar but the species, I think, just sometimes
takes a bit of extra time to build up strength. According to Peter
Lewis's 'Campanula', it's possibly monocarpic rather than biennial. The
species often self-seeds so you tend to get plants a year or two later
as well.
Quite a dramatic plant; it spreads out in a great wheel shape and has
large ice-blue flowers. Don't know whether this cultivar is very
different from the species.
Janet G