Old 14-11-2004, 03:24 PM
JennyC

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

I have taken note of what you have said and shall move my fig tree next
year. Thanks. (Presumably the best time to do this is spring?)

Since it's potted, it doesn't really matter - you don't need to tease
the roots out if you're going to constrict them anyway.

All you need do is to knock it out of its pot and plant the whole
root/earth ball.
Rusty

You can also leave in the pot, but it will do better in the ground :~)

Mines been in it's 'pot' (large black rubber pot plasterers use for mixing up
in) for several years and I get a few figs each year.

Jenny