Old 14-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Glen Able

Default Bark chip area

Hi all,

The sun has just tempted me to go out and do a full day of garden things for
the first time since September! Sad to see the nasturtiums, which were so
happy and full of flowers yesterday, all limp and pulpy-looking (they smell
as well) from last night's frost.

Anyway, where my lawn reaches the patio it's only about 3 feet wide which
means the same bit gets trodden on all the time and it's getting worn out.
The reason it's narrow there is because of a clump of bamboos. I was
wondering about removing the grass where it's narrow and replacing it with
bark chips, which could also extend to cover the area round the bamboos.
Does this sound reasonable? If I do this then how could I handle the bit
where the bark chips meet up with the lawn - i.e. to avoid chips going
everywhere?

thanks!
G.A.