Old 14-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Larry Blanchard

In article ,
says...
It's too bad that issues can't be discussed these days
without fear, hate, and scorn but I've noticed that it seems to be OK
to be intolerant as long as you're "right".

The problem is that nobody is as "right" as a religious conservative.
After all, God has told him/her what to do.

There was a letter to the editor in our paper this morning saying that
the reason France/Germany/etc. didn't understand us was that
Christianity was "almost dead" in those countries.

While that's a bit of an exaggeration, it is true that the US is the
most religious of the industrialized nations. We're not quite to the
Ayatollah stage yet, but we're leaning that way.

It's hard to rationally "discuss" issues with fanatics :-).