Old 14-11-2004, 10:18 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Grapes, dormancy and green leaves wilting at hard freeze

I established three 2-yr grape vvines this year. This will be my first
winter. I have some concerns...

One of them had a green supple leaves until we had a hard freeze two
days ago. One had fall-colored leaves like any tree, and the third had
shed its leaves already.

My concern is the green-leafed one. All the supple green leaves are
now wilted and limp (we are sustaining cold under 30 degrees
throughout the night day). Does this hurt the plant? I'm thinking it
got too much water at its location and didn't shut down properly for
winter.

NExt up is the location I placed two of them is not good. The sun and
support is great, but the water isn't. The overhang of the house is
too much and everything on that strip is not getting enough water from
nature. How should I handle this for winter? I'm thinking I should
handle it as if I'm overwintering it indoors. Maybe water them once a
month?

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/