Old 14-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Jennifer Sparkes

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Hello Jennifer. I was expecting a hard frost last night here in Norfolk,
so I dug up all my runner bean roots and took them inside. At midnight
the thermometer on my shed had just dropped a tad under zero, and I was
feeling pretty pleased with myself - last year I wasn't quick enough and
the frost got the lot (including some old friends of some years'
standing (I think I mean 'climbing'. [Ed.])

Hello Rusty. Well you and GQT had me out in the garden this afternoon.
Decided to move some of the plants in pots nearer the house for a tad
more protection then, inevitably, started 'tidying up' and suddenly it was
almost dark.

Hope to get the lawns cut tomorrow - and it was only last time I said to
myself 'the last cut for 2004'!

Jennifer