Old 14-11-2004, 10:25 PM
shazzbat

"JennyC" wrote in message
Hi

Our Yucca (houseplant) had become very 'leggy' and in August I decided to

try to
rejuvenate it by air layering. I checked it today and it has indeed

produced
roots into the moss ball.

The question is when do I cut off and pot it up?

Should I wait until spring?

The main plant is in an unheated bedroom and I would like to take some

stem
cuttings from it when I remove the top of the plant.

Any thoughts .........
Jenny

I would cut off the top with the root ball and pot it up now.I would also
cut off the stem about 4"-6" above the compost level, it will sprout from
there. Ours did when accidentally trapped in a door and snapped off :-((

I haven't done stem cuttings, so I don't know about that bit.

HTH
Steve