Old 15-11-2004, 01:58 AM
GFRfan

JD wrote:
My suggestion is this:

Run all your equipment with 50:1. The richer the blend, the more apt you
are to overheat and scauld the bearings. While it may seem that more oil
would prevent wear/tear...it is quite opposite in a 2 cycle motor. The
lubrication is throughout the entire engine, and the richer the blend, the
harder it is on the life of the engine components (especially if running at
high rpms).

Try this: stick one index finger into a cup of oil and your other index
finger into a cup of gas. Pull out both fingers at the same time. Which
one feels cooler? I attended a two week repair course for Stihl products,
and it made a believer out of me.

For the best deal on two cycle oil, visit your local Wal-Mart automotive
section. They have the little pint bottles for about 75 cents...which have
kept all of my landscape maintenance crews running for over two years now.
For those of you who use very little fuel, I recommend buying only one
gallon at a time, and also purchasing 89 octane.

Good luck.

Around here, *all* the 89 octane gas is ethanol blended. Now I know this
plays havoc with the rubber parts in a carburetor. How compatible is
this with 2 cycle engines and the oil gas mix?