Old 15-11-2004, 02:33 AM
Salty Thumb

wrote in
:

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 11:56:35 -0800,

(paghat) wrote:
snip

Those of us who can see the obvious worry about all of America, not
just the ones who attend churches of bigotry. But they all too often
just glory in "ha ha! You don't have a president, we do!" Because
Bush's #1 "moral" agenda is to keep America divided, since a divided
nation is one that can't do anything about it as Bush Brother monitors
even what we check out of the library & whittles away at everyone's
civil rights so that he can continue to turn the nation over to
multinational corporations who are already making both domestic &
international policy. The right may have voted for him so he'll change
the Constitution and make sure queers never have equal rights, but
even supposing he succeeds at that, to be able to SMUGLY die of a
treatable disease because you're po' white trash seems small
recompense.

-paghat the ratgirl

Sorry, paghat but you're wrong here. I generally have a lot of
respect for your opinions, but you don't really know a lot about Bush
supporters if you say these things. There are a lot of delusions

going around these days, but the fear of a right wing theocratic
fascist nation is one of the less credible ones going around.

Why isn't it credible? It would have happened in the 60s if the Russians
hadn't sent up Sputnik, but then suddenly religion had to take a back
seat to science, because faith alone doesn't tell how to make a moon
rocket.

But since I'm a Bush supporter I must either be outright evil, or
simply incredibly stupid and incapable of forming a rational opinion
on my own.

Well isn't it true? You are either 'evil', meaning you are either on the
gravy train for free money or sucking up to those who are (smerf lords)
or you are the 'stupid', who readily believe any form of demagogery,
those are the smerflings. It used to be called feudalism, now it's
called capitalism.

It's too bad that issues can't be discussed these days
without fear, hate, and scorn but I've noticed that it seems to be OK

Are you sure you are a Bush supporter? Perhaps I've succumbed to the
misconception that it's either Bush's way or the highway, and that
discussion is only for bleeding heart liberals and spineless peace-niks.

At any rate, conservatives have certainly had their voices of
vituperation for many years with talk shows popular only for the same
reasons that pro-wrestling and gang membership is appealing.

to be intolerant as long as you're "right". Its a shame since there
are a lot of problems in the world today and it will be difficult to
solve many of them using a line in the sand mentality.

And Bush is known as a great compromiser? Care to rationalize your
opinion?