Old 15-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Fran" wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message

I think, though, that the point John was making was that the claim
regarding Don Burke knowing nothing about plants was quite clearly rot,

But it's astounding how often his TV prog says of any plant it features
"plant in full sun" and so oftent aht is just not the correct advice.

For where, though? Might be full sun in Melbourne, but need shade in the
tropics. That's the problem with nationwide shows -- they have to be general.
I find GA a bit dull sometimes, when they talk about peonies or the troubles
of sandy or alkaline soil, but these are plainly very useful segments for some
gardeners.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet