Old 15-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Rod Out back" wrote:

I am in the latter stages of building a new chook-house (dubbed the
Chook-Mahal, or Taj-Machook). I am seeking any thoughts or ideas about
things to add or subtract from the grand plan.

Jackie French has written a Chook Book (I think it's actually called "Jackie
French's Chook Book") which might be helpful.

Here are two things I've heard about chooks:
* They're actually from tropical forests, so they like shade and trees --
orchards and chooks go well together, particularly citrus orchards
* I've heard the roost is best made from a branch, as the changing diameter
exercises their feet better

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet