Old 15-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Sterling

These are really tough guys. I have dug up and divided several times. I
cut the "leaves" back so the plant is about 8" tall, then dig up and
pull apart. I was not sure cutting the leaves back would be a good thing
- could not find any info about dividing them, so took a chance - but
they bounce right back. Gives you a chance to also pull out all the
brown dead parts under leaves. Tidy them up a bit. Plant the divisions
and soon they will need to be divided!

I have several varieties - I have some that get really huge - flowering
stems about 4' high - and some little ones that don't get more than 2'
high.

gardencottage wrote:
I have two red hot pokers in the front garden - next to the house

They are prob about 2 years old now. They have gone crazy!

How can I reduce the size or dig up and move as they are not the
easiest of things to prune.

Has anyone else had success with them?