Old 15-11-2004, 03:42 PM
David J Bockman

The pale vegetation is 'Reindeer Moss', Cladonia rangiferina-- actually not
a moss at all but a member of the Lichen family.

Dave

"Al Gershen" wrote in message
om...
Hi group:

Every workday when I walk between my employer's parking lot and their
office, I pass a very interesting overhead ivy that lately has a
pretty green moss around it.

I've been meaning to take some photos of this "work of nature" and
I've finally got a few uploaded to my AP website (see URL below) in a
new album under the Pictures link on the homepage.

Please check out the photos and tell me what you think. I know...if
you've seen one ivy...you've seen them all. :-)

Have a nice week.

Regards,
Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR