Old 15-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Doug Kanter

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Larry Blanchard expounded:

The problem is that nobody is as "right" as a religious conservative.
After all, God has told him/her what to do.

The problem is not all Bush supporters are religious
conservatives/fanatics. It's a myth that everyone who voted for Bush
is a bible thumping christian.

You're right. It's just that they voted more for Bush than just about
any other group - with the possible exception of millionaires :-).

I get the feeling that most people vote a party ticket with no concern
for whoever is on it. It's a shame because neither party is what it
used to be. Anybody else remember the old saying "Democrats give us a
war, Republicans give us a depression."?

It's true. We had to choose the lesser of two blahs. While at the
Philadelphia airport last week, I spotted a magazine cover - might've been
The Economist. It had a picture of both candidates and the caption
"Incoherent or Incompetent?"

The weekend after the election, I was out with a bunch of friends. We (both
Dems and Repubs) were bemoaning the disaster. One guy went to the bar and
came back with 3 pencils and some clean napkins. He said "OK...if your party
said 'Send us $1000.00 and we'll guarantee the candidate of your choice is
nominated next time around' - write that person's name on your napkins".

There were 10 of us. Results:

1 vote for Bush (but the guy who wrote it was intensely drunk)
1 vote for Kerry (but the guy who chose him has no imagination)
1 vote for Reagan's son - what's his name.
1 vote for Rudolph Giuliani. Good choice.
5 votes for Mario Cuomo (Keep in mind, we're all from NY, so we don't mind
people who are brutally honest, use big words, and who don't talk down to
audiences).

Two of Mario's 5 votes came from Republicans. This country is longing for
something different. I doubt it'll ever get it.