Old 15-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Neil Tonks

"jim chadwick" wrote in message
news
It used to be said that garlic should be planted on the shortest day and
harvested on the longest.It was a fine day on Saturday, so rather than
lose
the chance I planted 22 cloves there and then. But can anyone tell me if
this fits in with the old lunar cycle agriculture?

I planted mine three weeks ago and the first shoots are showing already. As
far as I can see, if it gets the chance to develop roots and shoots before
the hardest winter weather, it stands a better chance than planting at the
coldest time and risking the cloves sitting there not doing much other than
rot until things warm up!

I always plant in late October or early November and have never failed to
get a good crop.

Neil.