Old 15-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:57:40 GMT, "jim chadwick"
wrote:

It used to be said that garlic should be planted on the shortest day and
harvested on the longest.It was a fine day on Saturday, so rather than lose
the chance I planted 22 cloves there and then. But can anyone tell me if
this fits in with the old lunar cycle agriculture?

I always understood that rule to apply to shallots, not garlic. "They"
say that garlic is best planted in October, so it can get its roots.
down before the soil gets cold, but I think you can sow it anytime.
It will be an interesting comparison with others who planted earlier
and those who don't plant till Spring.

Pam in Bristol