Old 16-11-2004, 04:46 AM
Pen

Maybe the strain isn't the problem. Perhaps it's weather. Dry, hot
summers makes yummy Brandywines.

(simy1) wrote in message . com...
(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message ...

By now I have tried four different packets of brandywines, and only
the first was the truly perfect tomato. Not firm, but not nearly as
mushy and the other three (I suppose I like them medium). The first
was from Territorial, huge, off-red fruits with, well, brandywine
flavor, and also more resistant to cracking and having white zones.
But the fourth also was from Territorial and is similar to #2 and #3,
so I may have lost that strain for good. I should have saved the
seeds...