Old 16-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Charles

John Savage wrote:

I haven't noticed, but I wonder whether it's a case of what works in
Melbourne might not be good for Brisbane? e.g., full sun might be
ideal for some spring flowers in southern states, yet they'd find it
too hot nearer the tropics. Perhaps the presenters forget this is a
BIG country?

Yes indeed. Out here (western Qld) it is almost too hot now to plant
seedlings in the garden. No matter how moist the soil the small root
systems just can't take up enough moisture to keep 'em alive.

One day I might experiment with that spray that retards transporation.

Charles
--
If some days are diamonds & Some days are stone --
Then some days I live in a quarry!!