Old 16-11-2004, 01:33 PM
escape

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:18:48 -0500, Ann opined:

And misinterpreted it on purpose. Janet got it, I think you did, too.
But because our politics differ, you're playing dumb. Ok.

I didn't misinterpret it, or interpret it. I read it and it spoke for itself.
It's a parrot of what I'm hearing on the conservative talk radio shows. Nothing
original.

I also don't put people into neat categories, as it
seems you feel comfortable doing.

Oh, of course you don't. You never talk about conservatives in a
general way quote: '...and today I was in the truck and heard some of
Hannity's show and he and the former Bush campaign muckity muck was
praising god and "the lord" with Hannity
that Bush won. Yay.': end quote

I didn't mention the word conservative. I was expressing my aghast at how this
country is turning into a religious state where masses of people are swaying
politics because of their god. That scares me.

And before you go into another one of your anti-religion rants,
remember who you're talking to.
http://www.pantheism.net/paul/index.htm In case you don't understand
my point, you quite frequently put people into neat categories. Many
people do. It's amazing to me how many claim they don't when caught.

I didn't have time or desire to read the website, but I don't think religion has
any place in politics or government. No place at all. That is not the same
thing as anti-religion ranting. I am a very active practitioner in my
tradition, but I would never want to see it govern anyone. It's a personal
thing, not something to use against people.

But that's okay, you must be very happy now.

Now why would I be happy? You must be happy for 'exposing' me. Well,
aren't you?

No, that wasn't my intention at all. You simply don't sound like a very happy
person. It was sarcastic.

I'm not happy at all with the outcome of the election, because there
wasn't anyone to vote for. I voted against Kerry and would do it
again in a heartbeat.

Once again, as I've said many times, hopefully next time around there
will be someone worth voting for.

So you voted for the guy who is against science because we are all embryo's at
one time or another? Embryo's which are going to be discarded anyway. You
voted for a religious fanatic who is going to possibly appoint the next set of
lifetime Supreme Court Justice symbols and you voted for a man who thinks we are
on a crusade. Oh good. I'd prefer not to vote in that case. I did vote for
Kerry and would vote for him again in a heartbeat. At least he didn't use buzz
words in order to sell out and gather his religious right.