Old 16-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Spider

Glen Able wrote in message
Hi all,

The sun has just tempted me to go out and do a full day of garden things

for
the first time since September! Sad to see the nasturtiums, which were so
happy and full of flowers yesterday, all limp and pulpy-looking (they

smell
as well) from last night's frost.

Anyway, where my lawn reaches the patio it's only about 3 feet wide which
means the same bit gets trodden on all the time and it's getting worn out.
The reason it's narrow there is because of a clump of bamboos. I was
wondering about removing the grass where it's narrow and replacing it with
bark chips, which could also extend to cover the area round the bamboos.
Does this sound reasonable? If I do this then how could I handle the bit
where the bark chips meet up with the lawn - i.e. to avoid chips going
everywhere?

thanks!
G.A.

Hi Glen,

Bradstone sell a concrete edging stone, which looks like bamboo set in a
double row. It looks quite effective and would work well with your bamboo
planting.

Telephone: 0800 975 9828 or
www.bradstone.com
Otherwise, almost any other kerbstone or its wooden alternative.

Spider