Old 16-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Chip Stein" wrote in message
om...

Try this: stick one index finger into a cup of oil and your other

finger into a cup of gas. Pull out both fingers at the same time.

Which
one feels cooler? I attended a two week repair course for Stihl

products,
and it made a believer out of me.

try this and it works because gas evaporates at room temperature,
that's why it feels cooler. the less oil you run the hotter the
equipment will run, that's why at stihl school they harp on
adjustments and lean seizure. I went there too.
if you run stihl, echo, tanaka, husqvarna.. oils they are true
multi-ratio oils. run them at 50:1 even in old 32:1 or 16:1 and it
will be fine.
don't by the cheaper outboard oil!! it combusts befor entering
the combustion chamber, and will roast a 2-stroke in short order.
Chip

Beg to differ with you. My experience has not shown that at all.