Old 16-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Larry Blanchard

In article ,
says...

Oh, I hope not. We've got to break the Republican/Democrat logjam
somehow.

The solution is simple - but it'll never get implemented. Put the name
of every registered voter in a hat (OK, a computer). 3 months before
the election start pulling names until you get 3 people willing to run
(for each office). 2 months before the election they get free TV time
on a weekly basis to expound their phiosophy of government. Negative
campaigning is considered grounds for disqualification.

No big contributors, no organized parties, no career politicians.

Well, I can dream, can't I?