Old 16-11-2004, 10:54 PM
paghat

In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"gregpresley" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" How do you deal with the business about the end of the
world, when
unfortunate Jews, Buddhists, etc will be toast because they don't

believe
in
Jesus?

I don't concern myself with judgment day. The bible has many specific
injunction against doing that, most of which have been ignored by

Christians
of all denominations ever since. As a matter of fact, I'm personally more
interested in how I can make the world a better place while I'm alive than
what's going to happen to me after death. I would be astounded if God were
as "judgmental" as a lot of folks think he ought to be - (of course,

always
assuming that they themselves will be among the elect, and those they

don't
like will be hell-bound). But that point of view is not going to be heard
from any Christian pulpit anytime soon, I don't expect......LOL

You might get a kick out of the movie "Dogma", especially when god appears
at the end. :-) Great movie.

That was a cool movie, & God was hot.

On the opposite extreme from that lovely comedy is the first Prophesy
movie, in which Christopher Walken plays the archangel Gabriel, to whom
God will no longer speak, & who has become the evil urge of god much more
menacing than Lucifer who only wants to tempt us but Gabriel is out to
destroy all the ugly mud-monkeys, who are us, believing as he does that if
he can destroy everything God loves, God will love him instead. The two
sequels aren't bad but don't stand up to the original which has a creepy
believability, since this wacked out Gabriel so greatly resembles many
fundamentalists who likewise believe the way back to God is by hating &
destroying things.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"