Old 17-11-2004, 05:06 AM
Lee

"gregpresley" wrote in message ...

I don't concern myself with judgment day. The bible has many specific
injunction against doing that, most of which have been ignored by Christians
of all denominations ever since. As a matter of fact, I'm personally more
interested in how I can make the world a better place while I'm alive than
what's going to happen to me after death. I would be astounded if God were
as "judgmental" as a lot of folks think he ought to be - (of course, always
assuming that they themselves will be among the elect, and those they don't
like will be hell-bound). But that point of view is not going to be heard
from any Christian pulpit anytime soon, I don't expect......LOL

Here is poem I like and don't know who wrote it. Don't even know it's
name. I've had it for years and never know where it is, but It seems
to surface about the time I get really smug and self-rightious !!! It
seems to know when I need it!

I dreamed death came the other night
And Heaven's gate swung wide:
With kindly grace an Angel
Ushered me inside.
And there---to my astonishment---
Stood folks I'd known on earth:
Some I had judged and labeled as
Unfit or little worth.

Indignent words rose to my lips
But never were set free-----
For every face showed stunned surprise---

NO ONE EXPECTED ME !!!!

leo/lee