Old 17-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Gary

On 11/16/04 10:12 AM, in article ,
"Rod" wrote:

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:57:23 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Our ground does have a bit of White Rot in patches so I try not to plant any
alliums I've grown to try to stop it spreading. We lose a few onions every
year but not enough to make us stop growing them.

We're in the same predicament here but we cope in much the same way as
you do. Planted our Garlic(Marshalls) last week, we probably won't get
much in the way of frost here 'til late December so plenty of time to
get their roots down.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
I planted my garlic on Nov 5...I know cause I wrote it down! They were ready
as I could see the little white roots 'reaching'. I'm using the hard neck
variety as opposed to the soft neck...anyone know the difference? Taste?
Other? Ease of growing?
Gary