Old 17-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Pat Brennan

I have seen cut flowers awarded. Zuma used to do shows on the east coast
and his display would often contain cut flowers. Often he received awards
on these cut flowers. I was also at judging where a grower, who was
present, received an AM on a cut stem yellow Phal. I asked the grower why
he had brought just the stem and get this. Seems he had brought the whole
plant to judging the year before and the plant was passed on with the
explanation that the stem was too long for the plant and flowers making the
whole thing seem leggy. Cutting the stem to a more normal length turned a
leggy plant into an AOS award winner.

Pat