Old 17-11-2004, 04:07 PM
twig

"John" wrote in message
| How deep are the roots on these things?

Not very - it is a grass. But they spread some way and are fairly
matted.

"fairly matted"!? I had to take a felling axe to ours, to split it up
into small enough pieces to be lifted into the barrow. Weighed a ton.
But marginally easier than the rootstock of a tree of the same diameter!

Cheers
John

i`d agree with john

my dad ended up using the chainsaw to cut ours up - its amazing really
it has only been in for 5 years and we need to move it from near the front
path

it was split into four largish clumps(and heavy) which
did really well in their new positions - making sure they were well-watered
for their first year

how long has yours been in

twiglet