Old 17-11-2004, 07:06 PM
dalecochoy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anton Nijhuis"
Subject: [IBC] It's Power Line tree trimming time again.

The majority of utility companies if not all utility companies require
that a certified Utility Arborist has to be present at the work site.

If you feel that the power line crew is incompetent ask to see who the
onsite arborist is and if there isn't one file a complaint.

Thanks Anton,
I shall copy this and ask when they return sometime this month.

BTW, I want to reiterate and explain something here, again.
In my first post I noted that a few years ago I refused the trimmers and
that brought the power company arborist to my home, we talked, he brought a
crew and they did a MUCH NICER job than all my neigbors got all the way down
the street. That's all I wanted, expected and heck...had a right to.
Folks, I realize the trees need trimmed and have no problems with that. I
just want it done by someone who cares what it looks like when done. In the
past "holding out" made everyone happy, we'll see if it does again.
Regards,
Dale
P.S. I didn't mention peviously that my street divides the neighborhood at
the point where underground power and above ground power come together. MY
power comes underground from a box at rear corner of lot, but, the folks
across the street get above power which runs along lines and poles on my
side of the street. I could never understand that! Our lots are all 150 ft.
deep, I'm lucky, both my neighbors have a pole in the middle of their front
yards, but the folks across the street that get their power by the lines
crossing over the street from our yards have 500 ft deep lots with no poles
in them! :) It always bothered me that I had to contend with tree trimmers
and they didn't have to.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++