Old 17-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Blues Ma

Mark wrote:

General Schvantzkoph wrote in message ...
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:21:40 -0600, clc wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
My rosemary plant went from a spindly little sprig to a big woody bush
(14" across/high) over the course of the summer, despite frequent
trimming for various culinary exercises.

I have dug it up and put it into a pot with some of the soil from its
garden bed.

What is the best way to ensure a good watering level?* The bed it was
in was well-drained, and we rarely watered the garden this year thanks
to frequent-enough rains.* Inside, the atmosphere is going to be a lot
drier, and I wonder if there are any easy tips on making sure the
plant gets the right amount of water.

Any ideas?

Mark

Good luck with it - I tried bringing it in for 4 years and it was always
dead within a month.* I think my conditions were just too dry...?

Cheryl

Same here. I've tried several times but they always die. I just buy new
plants every spring.

My hope is that I can find a trick that keeps a rosemary plant alive
for years.* I remember seeing a huge "mother plant" in a nursery long
ago;* it must have been 5-6' high, 8' across and it had a main stem
about 4" in diameter.* The nursery evidently took cuttings from it to
propogate new plants.

Mark

Well* -** where i live it's way too cold to just bury them outdoors, so as
i said in the first response, it goes in a south window and just gets
watered occasionally when it looks droopy.
I recently gave a six year old plant to my daughter, and the one i'll have
in for this winter is two.** It should to fine until mid May when it's
safe to put out.

Dorothy
*
*