Old 17-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Rob Halgren

Ray wrote:

IMO, "multiple spikes" applies whether all new, all regrowth of old, or a
mix.

I usually count them from the base of the plant. A branched spike
is still one spike... Nicer though. They only count if they have
flowers or buds on them though. It is cheating to count the old brown
and dead spikes, even if it does sound like a more impressive number...
(*grin*).

I have never heard of a spike regrowing after it was completely cut off.

And I don't think you will, either... Maybe (just maybe) a spike
coming from a place very close to a spike that was cut completely off.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )