Old 17-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

I think from my pov it's because they're all-too-often planted in small
gardens in suburban locations and so, in my mind, are forever associated
with that. But that said, I just don't find anything beautiful in them at
all, not one single thing and I've felt like that since I was a child. I
don't think I've ever expressed my dislike to my children but my younger
daughter has just bought a house in this village and has 'inherited' two
Pampas grass and wants to wage all-out war on them! She might be able to
get one out but the other is in her back garden, slap up against the fence
on one side and a wall above a terrace on the other and with no access for a
min-digger, unless we take the farmer's fence down. Hmmmmm....... ;-))

Glyphosate in the spring, then cover it with the makings of a compost
heap, cover that with straw, cardboard, cut hair from the hairdresser,
(Mens' is favourite as it's usually shorter.) old woollen carpet, etc,
then water well - weel? - and cover with black plastic and peg it down.

By the autumn you'll have a plot of marvellous friable ground and lots
of very smug worms.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/