Old 17-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Doug Kanter

"escape" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:06:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

Two weeks back, PBS aired a Nova show which showed how scientists are
piecing together the beginnings of quadrupeds, starting with certain

types
of fish, and tracking the increments by which a fish finally left the

water
and walked on land. Assuming several million Christians watched this

show,
how do you suppose they felt about it? Did they consider it to be in the
same category as Star Trek?

I saw the show and it was wonderful. I was thinking about your question

as I
was watching it, funny enough. I have no idea what a Christian would

think
about it. I don't know how they can deny evolution, theory or not. My
problem is not with Christians believing in creation, but when it comes to

the
man running the US, it matters to me.

Well, people who are into WWII history believe that the movie "Enemy at the
Gates" was about a real person, and others, based on their research, think
there were several similar heroes, and the movie is about a compilation of
those people. Either way, it's still nice to believe in a story that
represents something. So, I have no problem with someone who sees the
creation as having symbolic beauty. But, when those people look at the last
100 years' of research into evolution and call it bullshit, it's time to get
out a really big roll of mental floss.