Old 18-11-2004, 01:36 PM
David WE Roberts

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:59:23 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:

It is starting!

It is starting!

Mind you if it is the worst in 100 years it is going to be a belter - I am
not quite as mature as some of the more senior posters but I remember the
(I think) '63/'64 winter in Essex where the snowdrifts were huge!

AFAIK they have just stopped putting up the snow fences alongside the A14
to stop drifting (which they started doing after a really sever winter in
the early '90s) so Murphy's law suggests that we are due for another hard
winter.

After which they will put up snow fences for another 10 years, then.....

Now where did I put my snow chains?

Cheers

Dave R