Old 12-11-2004, 02:54 AM
GARLAND HANSON

I didn't realize you had these, Ray. Guess I should always hit your site
just before I bid!!!

The plain clips are dark green. I believe I got them on plants I bought.
I've never seen them for sale.

Garland

"Ray" wrote in message
or you can get them from regular vendors like me for fewer $$$

.
"GARLAND HANSON" wrote in message
If you want the plastic clips you saw in the store, check them out on
Ebay. Search for "orchid clips" and you'll currently find two hits. I
bought a bag of 36 and use them over and over again. Here is one of the
offerings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I like the clips because they are fast and effective. I also found some
very small dark green ones that are not as flashy as the insect clips but
do the same job.

Good growing!
Garland

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:09:27 -0600, wrote:

Hi, I saw some orchids at Lowe's that had little clips the shape of
dragonflies. They took the place of the bread ties and looked
interesting. I asked them if they sold them and they said no they came
with the plant. grrr. I always thought of using pipe cleamers, but
they're about the same as twisty ties. You might try a hardware store,
beings you know what your looking for but don't know where to find
it..good luck.......anything for our orchids.....Burr

Some of those little cute clips are children's hair clips. Look
at them in Walmart and make sure you get the bigger of the sizes.
I have seen some too small for the use.

They have to be available via some mfg site for those of you who
are "legit" vendors. Not just hobby growers like us.
SuE