Old 18-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Ann in Houston

Default calling all engineers

This question bugs me every time I double check my gallon calculations.
First, as I understand it, the conversion factor for cubic feet to gallons
is cf x 7.5 (7.5 gallons in each square foot). Isn't that right? My very
math-savvy father says it is, and I have seen it in print. Now, what I
don't understand is this: A five gallon water jug is much bigger than one
square foot. You could set a 12 inch square block right down in to one of
those, if it was open at the big end. How can this factor be correct? I
just can't wrap my brain around it. Help me, please. If you are a lurker,
and you can explain it to me, feel free to email me. Or, just come up out
of lurkdom - we'd all love to meet you.

Thanks,

Ann