Old 18-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Gary

On 11/17/04 7:02 AM, in article
, "Jaques d'Alltrades"
wrote:

The message
from
(jane) contains these words:

When I got my bottom fence put up about 4 years ago, I put untreated
trellis on the pre-creosoted panels. The wasps didn't touch the panels
but are still nibbling at the trellis. So yes, that does work. Pity
you aren't supposed to use creosote any more...

I think the stuff you get now is just the same except that it doesn't
contain benzene - a dangerous carcinogen.

They want it all for the unleaded petrol innit...

Well, if you must use something, I suggest you use a latex paint. It is easy
to apply with water clean up of brushes, etc. I have seen wasps doing the
same thing here in BC, Canada...but not on your shed...
Gary