Old 14-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Shell

I just looked and there's no other name on the tag. I checked the roots and
some are all the way through the bark so it's staying put for sure. I'm
building a light stand so it should be very happy sitting in a shallow tray
with my other plants. Thanks for the spelling correction, I'll have to
change the tag.

BTW the tillandsias are doing great in a couple of bonsai pots and gravel.
All the orchids and my largest epiphyllum cacti are all coming inside for
the winter this year since we've already had some cold here.

Shell

"wendy7" wrote in message
Hi there Shell, It is spelled Schomburgkia brysiana. (for searching on
Google). I saw one for $150....yikes
Do you have a varietal name or clonal name on the tag?
They are from Central America & like it hot & bright so if it
were mine, I would leave it on the mount.
Have the roots started to attach & grow into the bark? If so
don't disturb it.
I have a couple of Schom's it clay pots hanging up high with
maybe a few chunks of large cork bark & seem to be doing well.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Shell wrote:
I just got a Schlumburgkia brysiana and I want to take it off its
mount, it's wired to a piece of bark like stuff, and I want to pot
it. Will phal mix be ok?

My other question is about Nepenthes plants. Does anyone here grow
them? I need all the advice I can get on them.

Thaks in advance

Shell

---

---