Old 19-11-2004, 04:05 AM
Salty Thumb

Salty Thumb wrote in news:bQxmd.3767$BX4.2676
@trnddc08:

anybody know when Bay (as in the little mini-tree used for spice) is in
season (no pun intended) in zone 6/7?

Thanks to everyone for the helpful responses. It turns out I have a friend
that use to have a bay in Norfolk (more or less same climate), but it
started getting some growths on the leaves and she freaked out and removed
it. I don't know what scale looks like first hand and her description was
vague ("something weird growing on the leaves").

Anyway, I'll try to get up to Williamsburg (didn't know there was an annual
plant sale) or otherwise look around once the weather turns. By mail,
shipping for a tube was like $9 transcontinental, which I guess isn't too
bad if I can't get it elsewhere.