Old 16-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Jim Carlock

"Steve" wrote in message ...:
Hi Jim,
The radishes sound doomed. Have they bolted (produced
flowers)? If so, the seed pods that develop are edible.

No flowers yet.

Cabbage really does better in a heavy soil.
The split between what grows and what doesn't my not all
be due to the sand. It may be a division between what
grows well in hot weather and what does better in a cool
climate. Possible?

Very possible. Alot of stuff doesn't like the heat of summer
here.

To improve the soil, about all you can do is keep adding
lots of organic material. It will probably take more than you
think.

Funny... I cleaned out the gutters last week, a couple years ago
a tree started to grow in the gutter. I think I found alot of good
stuff in the gutters. The tree that started growing in the gutter is
now growing on the side of the house, is about 14 feet tall.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to newsgroup.