Old 19-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Rob Halgren

Nono, Willis Dair just stopped publishing one day. No one knows where he
is, or why he stopped. (I assume it just wasn't fun anymore, LOL!!) It was
down for a series of months. Then (IIRC) it was - sheesh the fellow who is
doing the flasking for free... argh, I can't remember his name, started
talking to folks about restarting the list - at that time you could go to
listserv majordomo and get the whole subscriber list. I was priviledged to
be part of the group talking about the feasibility of restarting the list.
At one time Lois Greer and I were talking about restarting it. Luckily,
Kenneth stepped forward and began the OGD list.

Shows you how much I pay attention to these kinds of things... I
don't remember any of that. I remember a bunch of arguing about stupid
stuff (oh wait, maybe that was last month), and then it went away for a
while and came back. Don't remember the restarting discussion, although
I probably volunteered to do it myself. Aaron Hicks probably did
too... We are both stupid that way. I'm glad somebody else took up
the gauntlet, I don't even tie my shoes in the morning anymore because I
don't have time for it.

Someday I'll have to google that episode.

But Nick is right. If you go to the archives you can see that people are
still posting, but they aren't being sent out.

I'm sure it will sort itself out. Always does.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )