Old 19-11-2004, 07:36 PM
JennyC

"Steve Jackson" wrote in message
In message , David WE Roberts
writes
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:59:23 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:
Mind you if it is the worst in 100 years it is going to be a belter - I am
not quite as mature as some of the more senior posters but I remember the
(I think) '63/'64 winter in Essex where the snowdrifts were huge!

I think you will find the winter in question was 1962-63!
--
Steve Jackson,
Bablake Weather Station,

Indeed !! I remember wading through huge drifts over Xmas while trying to get to
the park to meet my boyfriend....:~)

The met office has the following:
The winter of 1962/63 was the coldest over England and Wales since 1740. As in
1947, anticyclones to the north and east of the British Isles brought bitterly
cold winds from the east day after day. As in 1947, depressions followed tracks
to southward of the British Isles and their fronts brought snow to England,
Wales and the southernmost parts of Scotland.

Jenny