Old 19-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Sarah Dale

DJBrenton wrote:
I run our allotment shop, and would like to stock oeganic compost. I
don't trust our local suppliers unbranded version for quality. Would
anyone recommend any organic composts they've used? The complaints I've

I've used B&Q's organic compost for both seeds and general potting up /
hanging basket purposes to reasonable success. It also featured well on
Gardener's World - they did recommend one other brand, and B&Q's came 2nd.

Some people may find it too coarse for them especially with seed, but
I've had no problems with veg seed germination using it.

I find any compost can be hard to re-wet when it gets dry. B&Q's stuff
doesn't dry out that quickly which is a plus point.

HTH,

Sarah