Old 20-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Mike LaMana

It will make no real difference how you top third out of your (soon to be
moribund) dogwood tree. Hack away.

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist

"FACE" wrote in message
Since I am going to do it anyway, and have already trimmed the branches,
would someone tell me if I should make an angle cut or a straight cut and
should i tar it when reducing height by about 1/3 with a topping cut of
the
main trunk on a dogwood. Or does it make any difference. (I already
realize that I will attract tornadoes, lightning strikes, earthquakes and
kill every living thing within a hundred yard radius of the tree and will
probably set up a domino effect of infestations that will blight the
entire
Eastern seaboard.)

Thank you for non-scolding answers,

FACE sarcastic? me? ;-))