Old 20-11-2004, 02:40 PM
FACE

On 19 Nov 2004 19:18:21 -0800, (Patrick) in rec.gardens
wrote:

FACE wrote in message . ..

I never use a sealant for branch trimming

Just read this comment. Is branch sealant bad? And, if so, why?

Patrick

I would not say that it is "bad". I would say that it is unnecessary.
What I know that it will do, and is desirable is some cases, is to prevent
regrowth from that area. I will also use a sealant, even latex house paint,
on what i consider to be a significant wound -- like bark stripping --that
has opened the growth wood to disease invasion.

But, in the all in all, what works for you works best.

FACE