Old 20-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Joy Brunetti

Default Help for my Gloxinia!

I have a gloxinia which I bought at a nursery several weeks ago. The
plant droops when it wants water and then slowly perks itself back up
during the day after it's been watered.

In the past few days, however, it has been turning brown. I took it
back to the nursery and they suggested submerging the pot in water for
a few moments and letting that soil get really wet (since the soil was
dry despite having been watered right before bringing the plant over).
They also gave me some plant food drops, which I mixed into the
water, and I let the water drain out at the end of this process.

Well, it's been two days and while the leaves are still green and
velvety and half of the buds seem to be okay, the other half are brown
and I've had to cut them off. Moreover, the flowers that had bloomed
keep drooping to one side and I've had to cut those as well. I am
afraid that this will "spread" to other parts of the plant, if that
makes any sense.

Is my plant headed for death, or should I just give it some time? Is
there anything else I should be doing? I'm finding that it's quite a
tempermental little plant but I am determined to keep it alive!
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Joy